WHAT DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHEN YOU HEAR “LET’S GO TO THE SOUTH”?
WHAT DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHEN YOU HEAR “LET’S GO TO THE SOUTH”?
Sometimes, life comes at you, things do not let you breathe in the office, the stress of examination does not leave, the streets becomes narrow that you walked with your ex. It’s time for you to get rid of your burden, take a breath, open a clean page in your life, and go south to think the whole thing. Let’s go south.
1. France – Marseille, Cannes, St. Tropez, Nice
- You’re lucky if you’re doing your south-land plans in France. The oldest city of the country is Marseilles where is a great opportunity with its 52-kilometer-long beach to get a weight off your mind by having an historical holiday.
- Or in Cannes, the heart of the French Riviera, you can take a clean breath full of history and art.
- Then you can go to Tropez, quaint seaside town, which let rest your head in a pretty upscale version of retreat concept.
- You can sink the sun in Nice where is one of the sine qua non of the south tour, fresh in the Vieux Nice streets, and you return to life much stronger than where you left.
2. Italy – Lecce, Napoli, Palermo, Bari
If you’re going to have a tour on the southern coast of Italy, let’s say Lecce is the first stop. Lecce is located in the southeastern part of Italy, in the Puglia region, and offers a holiday full of history and art as a holiday resort.
- It would be a mistake not to add Naples to the southern tour. You should not return from this city where the pizzas were born, without visiting the charming houses and the narrow streets, and handcrafted souvenirs.
- A southern tour of Palermo without the capital of Sicily, especially for the fans of Godfather, is not complete. If you have a special interest, you can have an unforgettable holiday by climbing to Etna.
You are ready to complete the southern round with a port city Bari at the far end of the heel on the map. With its pretty bays that can be easily explored by car, the beach along the city and of course the city of Saint Nicolas, or the saint that inspired the famous Santa Claus, Bari will be one of the most colorful spots of the tour of southern Italy.
3. Spain – Granada, Sevilla, Malaga, Huelva
- If you’re ready for the provocative figures of flamenco and guitar’s blood-boiling rhythm, start with the southern Spain tour with Granada. Granada, which hosts Alhambra Palace that is the most important heritage of Andalusia, is one of the most magical cities of Spain. It is a great pleasure to visit the streets of Granada, one of the intersection points of Arab and Spanish culture, in its charming, white houses, called Carmenes, in the Albaicin district.
- Seville, the heart of Andalusia. Candidate to be one of the most important points of the tour of Southern Spain. You can see the maritime history of the city in Toro del Oro, both Christian and Muslim culture in Seville Cathedral which is the world’s largest gothic cathedral, history of this magical music in Flamenco Museum. Also Seville is the city where Don Quixote was written.
- The tour of southern Spain, which will continue in Malaga, is likely to pass on the historical streets that are only open to pedestrians. Of course, Picasso is one of the most important reasons that make this charming city so attractive. It is impossible to enjoy the city without visiting the house where Picasso was born and today used as a museum.
This small member of Andalusia, located on Spain’s border with Portugal, is in the shade but has an important place in history. It’s the city that the great explorer Christopher Columbus’s sailed from. You shouldn’t return without taking a photo with girding on the sword in Santa Maria which is the biggest ship that Columbus used in his Atlantic Ocean trip on 1492.
4. South Africa – Cape Town, Sun City, Pilanesberg National Park, Johannesburg
- It’s impossible to imagine a south tour without Africa. Especially when there is an option like South Africa. Since having an increased attractiveness in the last few years, the touristic tour of the country has to be started in the capital city of Cape Town. Especially, it is reasonable to do the tour between December and March as there will be plenty of time on the beaches. Cape Town is a wonderful trip route; to go to the sea at Cape of Good Hope, at the point where Atlas and Indian Oceans meet, to go through the white sandy beach, to feed the seals and joke with the sharks and finally to complete the mountain climbing and watch the sunset.
- Those who plan a stop of the tour as Sun City really love the risk. You will be able to witness the wildlife in this wonderful tourism city located in the middle of the desert, perhaps encountering the animals you see for the first time in your life and of course you can try your luck in the casinos.
- It is possible to enjoy the nature literally by crossing the Pilanesberg National Park without departing from Sun City. While we were mentioning about risk, we meant not just casinos, but Pilanesberg. Here it is possible to see the five most dangerous animals of the African wildlife, called ‘Big Five’ and so much more. It is imperative to see the Pilanserber National Park to qualify for the African tour.
– For those who say enough to the forest, the beach, the wild life of the country until this part of the tour, let’s come to most organized and richiest city, Johannesburg. The city is multicultural thanks to its residents from many different parts of the world. This gives visitors a cosmopolitan city and places to appeal to different tastes. In the city where the night life is also quite active, you should not return without seeing the Apartheid Museum. Visiting the museum, it is possible to get to know the country’s legendary leader Nelson Mandela better and to understand the country’s struggle against racism.
5. Australia – Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Hobart
- The city is the protagonist of the photographed bridge under the red purple lights that revives in the mind when we say Australia, Sydney, is the right starting point for a tour to the south of the continent. Probably there isn’t another city in the world deserves to qualify as ‘Port City’ like Sydney. The Sydney Bridge, the Opera House with its exquisite architecture and of course the beautiful beaches of Palm Beach, Bondi, Coogee, Manly Beaches, and perhaps one of the world’s most captivating ocean cities, Sydney.
- Melbourne is the country’s second most popular city and the capital of culture. If your expectation from a trip is good shopping and good places, Melbourne must be the indispensable stop of the tour. Also make sure you enjoy the comfort and pleasure of modern life on a trip around the Yarra River in Melbourne, a university town.
- It wouldn’t be a mistake if we say Perth is Australia’s smiling face. The sun and the lush nature that are never missing, always give positive energy to the visitors. Being even bigger than Central Park in New York, Kings Park is the pride of the Perth people and is a candidate to be the focal point of the trip. The continent has also been very generous to Perth on beaches. You can see like pearls on the neck of the city are Cottesloe Beach, Scarborough Beach, City Beach and Swanbourne Beach. Of course there is a hidden pearl, the Swan River. Although it is in the middle of the city, it is a wonder of nature, which reveals another beauty hidden in its landscape. Perth is a candidate to experience the most memorable moments of the southern tour in Australia.
- Hobart, Australia’s half-brother, is one of the most beautiful cities of Tasmania. The most important reason to list Hobart, the world’s cleanest air is the title of the city. The cleanest breath in the world is not a bad promise to purify the reasons for having a south tour that we mentioned earlier, isn’t it?
6. Iceland – Keflavik, Reykjavik, Vik, Höfn
- A south tour in the north? Why not? The starting point of the tour has to be Keflavik. Keflavik, which is located in the southwest of the country, has an international flight open airport and is the most attractive option for crossing to Reykjavik. Another important feature of Keflavik, which is a small fishing village, is that it has the title of ‘ Beatles Town’ because it is the place where many bands were born. On an Icelandic themed tour on the south, where you are going to go for a hermitage, the Beatles in the ear are perfect for the beginning of a pleasant holiday.
- Not only in the southern tour of Iceland but any tour plan shouldn’t be planned without including the capital. Especially if that capital is Reykjavik. There are many things to do in Reykjavik which is the temple of Nordic culture. Some of those are; navigating among the sculptures that show his face from every corner of the city, visiting the National Museum of Iceland, Hallgrímskirkja Church, Saga Museum, reflecting the culture of the country, visiting the Blue Lagoon with vehicles heading off the city, and renovating your skin with white mud in the Blue Lake. The first fish comes to mind when you say Iceland, right? In Icelandic menus with no fish-free meals, the country’s award-winning Gull beer can be tasted in beautiful restaurants in the city center, and the Nordic culture can be tasted.
- In the town of Vik, you can witness one of the most interesting views of your southern tour which isthe black sandy beach caused by volcanic eruptions. The small fishing town of Vik is also a good stop because of being close to Jökulsárlón Buzul Lake and Seljalandsfoss Waterfall.
The city of Höfn is perfectly suited to be the last stop on Iceland’s southern tour. The most important reasons to go to Höfn are: Fjadrargljufur Canyon, Vatnajöküll Glacier and Jökulsarlon Glacier.
7. Japan and South Korea – Tokyo – Osaka – Kyoto – Seul
- It is not surprising for anyone who will have a southern tour in the Far East to choose starting withTokyo. Tokyo is the star of Japan and the Far East with its parks, museums, temples and day by day increased tourist attraction. The city has many attractions such as Tokyo National Museum, Sensoji Temple, Kanieji Temple. The Yoyogi Park and the Tower of Tokyo, which is bigger than the Eiffel Tower, are also popular. We should also note that Tokyo nights are uninhabitable. Japan’s best restaurants are also in Tokyo. A trip to the western Shinjuku area is the right place to experience both delicious food and those extraordinary nights that cannot be described as telling.
- If a southern tour, including Osaka, is planned around April, it is possible to coincide with the beautiful views of the famous Sakur. It is no coincidence that Osaka is one of the most important tourism centers in addition to being the 3rd largest city in the country. Osaka Castle, Dotonbori, Osaka Kaiyukan Aquarium, Shitenno-ji Temple and Sky Building are the most important sightseeing spots of the city. Shopping in Minama and Den Den Town is also a pleasure.
- It would be wrong not to include Kyoto to the south tour of the Far East which was repeatedly selected as the best city in the world. Kyoto, a city of history, has preserved this texture in the Gion region. The presence of more than 2000 temples in the city can be considered as an indicator of its cultural depth. The Temple of Fushimi Inari and the Temple of Kyomizu-dera are both prominent with their architecture and atmosphere. Kyoto with its wooden tea houses, Gion and charming bamboo forests also attract attention.
We had to add South Korea’s most beautiful city Seoul to the south in the Far East. South Korea’s most important center, which is a country that is growing with the speed of light, has many places worth seeing in Seoul. Gyeongbokgung Palace is the largest five palaces of the famous city, and perhaps the most magnificent. Hanging lock on the terrace of the Namsan Tower is one of the city’s most interesting activities. It is no coincidence that the Changdeonkgung Palace, which fascinates every single person with its architecture, is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.